*Delivery to be approximately 2.5 weeks from purchase date. Delivery varies per product due to the handmade aspect of each décor item. The Lykos Living artisans work individually or in a small team and on a made-to-order basis. This ensures that each product is ethical, distinct and exclusively for you!
- Material: 100% Pure Greek Beeswax
- Size: 300 ml (50 hours)
- Diameter: 8.5 cm
- Height: 9 cm
- Handmade in Corfu, Greece
How to use
- To achieve a proper use, burn until the wax pool reaches the edges of the container. This sets the candle's desired "memory" stamp.
- Do not place the cover on the candle while still burning or still hot
- Move carefully the candle while burning or if wax is still hot
- Lead-free cotton wicks
- Do not contain additives, or paraffin
- Keep out of reach of children & pets
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
Beeswax candles burn bright and release elements that keep the atmosphere clean and pure.
Beeswax candles emit negative ions when burned and neutralize the positive charge of dust, dirt & pollutants in the air. Beeswax, due to interaction of the bees with a variety of flowers and nectar, carries a unique natural scent.
That, in combination with the special fragrances added in our process, creates unexpected and unique candle aromas.
- Pure beeswax is non-toxic and completely environmentally and human friendly. Quite simply, it is one of the most valuable products that nature provides us with. With a dedication to ecological ethics and sustainable strategies on harvesting, we can continue to enjoy its benefits while respecting both the ecosystem and human society.
All Natural Beeswax
- Beeswax is a completely natural wax produced by honeybees - it is the substance that forms the structure of a honeycomb. The bees secrete wax to build the honeycomb cells in which their young are raised, and their honey is stored. To produce wax, the bees must consume about eight times their mass in honey!
- Beeswax contains a natural protective substance called propolis. It is made by bees using tree resin, wax and pollen to protect the beehive. The name propolis comes from the Greek meaning "defence of the city". It is very resistant at room temperature and can be stored for hundreds of years without any changes to its properties.
Composition of Beeswax
- Beeswax is a complex substance that is composed of more than 300 different ingredients. This gives it a chemical composition too complicated to be artificially recreated. The main chemical elements that compose it are oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon but also it contains about 15 different chemical compounds of fatty acids, esters and saturated hydrocarbons, most of them highly beneficial to the human biosystem. The composition and colour may vary depending on the colony's special features or specific environmental conditions.