A beautiful and earthy mug with an unexpected handle, made on the potter’s wheel with a dark brown stoneware clay. It is coated with a matt white glaze – leaving the base un glazed – to create more contrast. Hand-painted with eyes pattern, she stands out for the simplicity and naturalness.
The Lykos Living artisans work individually or in a small team and on a made-to-order basis. This ensures that each product is ethical, distinct and exclusively for you!
- Material: Ceramic / Clay
- Diameter: 8.5 cm
- Height: 9.5 cm
- Handmade in Athens, Greece
- Glazed parts are without heavy metals therefore appropriate for food usage.
- Safe for use in dishwasher with eco-friendly detergents, however, we do advise on hand washing for a longer life span.
- Sudden changes in temperature (cold to hot) are likely to cause damage to ceramic objects.
- Due to the nature of handmade objects there are likely to be slight differences in colour, shape and dimensions.
- To prevent glaze scratches we recommend storing your ceramics in plate racks or with a soft cloth between each piece. To keep your pieces beautiful, avoid contact with staining foods or liquids on unglazed surfaces.
Finding inspiration in primitive objects of use by human civilization, they create moulds with various techniques such as coil built, slab built, and wheel throwing, transforming the earthy and raw clay into a timeless material with a resilience to the decomposition of time, despite its fragile nature.
Due to the handmade nature, our ceramics may have small variations, but we love them as they show how with our hands we have formed and finished each product. Hand washing is recommended.